International Safe Community Short Film Festival
This festival is held by taking an approach to identify and criticize safety related issues within the society and modern methods of safety creation. International Safe Community Short Film Festival is the first independent festival aimed to cultivate and provide people techniques for development of safety culture in world.
Submission rules and guides
While unsafety is mostly pictured with war situation, in this festival we are only concerned with issues happening in everyday life and non-war situation. The aim of this festival is to portray all different aspects and widest meanings of safe community through movies.
We are concerned with topics like:
Safe Roads and Urban Places, Safe Schools and Living Places, Safety of Children, Elderly and Disables, Health, Hygiene and Safe Community, Information Technology, Communication, Smartization and Safe Community, Culture of Citizenship and Safe Community, Environmental Issues and Preparation for Natural Disasters, Violence and Suicide Prevention
Here are our topics in details:
1. Safety and urban transportation
- Safe sidewalks
- Safe urban roads
- Safe and clean transportation
- Safety and standards of vehicles
- Safe community and traffic codes
2. Health, hygiene, environment, and safe community
- Trauma care
- Provision of medical services in order to prevent and control medical disorders
- Safe community and mental and physical health
- Safe community and nutrition
3. Safety in urban and public places
- Improvement of environmental safety with a focus on modern approaches (especially at schools, religious places, etc.)
4. Safety and urban services
- Role of urban services in community safety
- Safe community and environment
5. Safe urban design and planning
- Urban landscape and visual and psychological tranquility
- Effective factors of safety improvement in urban design and planning (especially people with disabilities and impairment, the elderly, etc.)
- Effect of urban lighting and lighting design on urban safety
- Securing urban facilities in order to prevent accidents
6. Information technology, communication, smartization, and safe community
- Application of IT and communications in identification, record, and analysis of information of incidents
- Smartization and safe community
- The role of information technology, communications, and smartization in web safety.
7. Culture of citizenship and safe community
- Educating public and its contribution to safe community
- Culture of citizenship and the role of citizens in promoting safety in society
- Citizenship rights and safe community
- Religious educations and safe community
8. Risk and safety management
- Indicators of risk taking management of urban disasters
- Preventive measures for urban risks
- Initial and secondary risks rising from climate change in a region
Comprehensive features of admissible works
- Films must have been made within the past three years.
- Short films and animations must be maximum 30 mins and documentaries 40 mins in length.
- Copy of the submitted film is not returned.
- Planning and films screening order is decided by the secretariat of the festival.
- After submission to the secretariat, films cannot be withdrawn from the screening order.
- The festival secretariat is authorized to display received films in other dependent events within or outside the boundaries of the country.
- Non-English films must have English subtitle.
Submission of films
In this festival, we intend to save time and money through online submission of works, advertisement and protection of environment then we accept online submission only
- Film makers should fill out the participation form on festival website and submit a download link for their works.
Admissible file formats
Avi, mp4, MPEG4 (H.264)
Awards and prizes
The best film in each section (fiction, documentary, and animation) receive honorary diploma, festival trophy, and cash prize:
- Best Fiction $1500.00
- Best Documentary $1500.00
- Best Animation $1500.00
- More awards might be added depends on our sponsors and supports.
- All selected film will get participation certification
Film submission starts: Apr 22, 2018
Film admission deadline: Sep 22, 2018
Date of festival: Oct 22-25, 2018
Closing: Oct 26, 2018
Festival offices address
Behesht Culture House, Modares Blvd, Mashhad, Iran